We offer a wide variety of fill fluids appropriate for numerous applications. When selecting fill fluids, consideration must be given to the following:
- Below specifications are for fill fluid only. Maximum temperature ratings of instruments must be taken into consideration in conjunction with selection of fill fluid.
- Physical properties of the fill fluid at the ambient and process temperature extremes of the application.
- Chemical compatibility with the process fluid to avoid potentially hazardous reactions in the event of a bourdon tube or diaphragm failure.
- For food processing applications, the fill fluid selected must be nontoxic.
- For strong oxidizers, like oxygen, chlorine, hydrogen peroxide or nitric acid, use inert fill fluids, including Fluorolube FS-5 and Halocarbon. DO NOT USE hydrocarbon based fluids, such as glycerine and silicone, as doing so may result in an explosive chemical reaction.
*Selection of fill fluid should only be made by customer taking into account all relevant details.
NOTE 1: Not to be used in contact with aluminum or magnesium.